To maintain the distribution of proper hygienic plumbing systems are developed. Any construction and infrastructure project seems incomplete without the pipe. The years have gone by when we use steel pipes, PVC, CPVC material. But nowadays, PPR can manage food processing industry needs, water transportation needs, gas supply, wastewater management, and drainage systems.
One more thermoplastic pipe material is also available in the pipe industry that is known as Polyethylene pipe. Polyethylene pipes deliver supreme performance at various drainage applications and industrial projects.
- PPR and PE pipes are suitable for cold water applications. PPR pipes are more advantageous for the hot water supply also.
- PE pipes are capable of offering average temperature resistance. The significance of PE pipe is evident in municipality engineering projects, groundwater or surface pipeline projects. PE pipes are advantageous for many projects and industries. They need high technical support and tools at the time of installation.
- PPR pipes offer great strength and, the elastic modulus(850MPa) is also greater than PE. The PE pipes are much more flexible and easily get affected by temperature.
Comparison Of PPR Pipe And PE Pipe At Different Parameter
PPR and PE pipe, both are advantageous still some constraints support the PPR pipes over PE.
- The surface quality of the PE pipe is not as even as it should be. It is average at many factors, stiffness, density, temperature resistance, and elastic modulus (550MPa).
- High collapsing rate measured in PE pipe as it is easy to smash. The pipeline system does not look stylish and not ideal to meet the domestic plumbing pipeline project parameters.
- The pipeline system does not look stylish and failed to meet the parameters of the domestic plumbing pipeline project.
- The maximum temperature resistance level is equal for PE and PPR pipe, which is 70Deg.C PE offers a minimum temperature resistance level. The PE pipe performs better at low-temperature applications.
- The installation mechanism is easy, low time consuming, and convenient for PPR pipe. The temperature of PPR pipe installation is 260degC and, the service temperature for PE pipe is 230degC.
- In PPR, Block-free and uniform flange connection while in PE pipe the flanges get jagged.
- If you want to install the drinking water pipeline, PPR should be purchased. If you are in search of drainage and wastewater pipe material, PE pipe should be preferred.
- We can’t install the PE pipe for the hot water supply. These are highly suitable for floor heating. The thermal conductivity of the PE pipe is double of the PPR pipe.
Is It Possible To Connect The PPR Pipe And PE Pipe?
Many similarities and dissimilarities stand between PE and PPR. The installation method is also similar. The question is arises at various industrial construction sites if these pipes can be fused or not. Well, the answer is yes. For this, you don’t need to spare your time in the hot-welding technique.
You can do this by installing a flange. The scheduling of PE and PPR does not match each other. To establish the perfect leak-free connection, you will require flanges. The engineers have found this installation method for drainage management projects. Flanges strengthen the interconnection and increase the reliability of the pipe connection at low temperatures.
The flange installation needs expert attention. The incorrect installation may cause the problem of leakage events. To maintain a reliable connection, bolt the flanges properly.
The professional knows the technique to practice with the flanges when the scheduling is not of equal diameter.
PE pipes can withstand the consequences of the smash at cold temperature, corrosion impact, or other climate circumstances.
Electrical insulation qualities existed in the PE pipes that eliminate the problem of corrosion, rust. It also reduces the chances of alkalis and fungus.
Here, in this post, we have compared the pros and cons of PPR and PE, including the installation area, If two can connect or not. You can get these pipes and fitting products from any pipe manufacturer in India.